SPH’s Health Care Engagement Index (HCEITM) is a metric that tells you where your members, patients or employees are in the health care engagement continuum – providing insight on how to move them toward higher levels of engagement in their health care.
The Need for the Health Care Engagement Index
According to a survey conducted by Towers Watson and the National Business Group on Health (NBGH), more than half (58%) of employers say the biggest obstacle to changing employee health-related behavior is the lack of employee engagement. That’s why we’ve worked to develop this powerful tool.
Benefits of an Engaged Customer
- Wellness and disease management programs can positively impact member health, expenditures on services and claims experience.
- Consumers who are not engaged in their own health are unlikely to get the tests and checkups called for or to take advantage of wellness and disease management programs.
- Engaged consumers translate into higher levels of participation in your programs, programs offered by others and personal health regimens.
- Consumers engaged in wellness and disease management programs rate higher levels of satisfaction with their health care coverage and providers.
- Higher engagement also cultivates more judicious use of health care benefits.
The HCEI’s Track Record
The Health Engagement Index is based on over 35 years of experience and understanding of the health care consumers and the factors that contribute to their active engagement in their health care. Additionally, we’ve conducted specialized research and exploratory surveys in this area that have provided solid science, advanced statistical modeling and four underlying constructs:
- health literacy
With analysis of more than 10 million consolidated claims records in relation to the index, we continuously work to refine the index based on deep learning and our own proprietary national work conducted on over more than 40 quarters for various subpopulations of interest.
Partner with a Trusted Leader
For more than three decades, SPH Analytics has helped healthcare organizations improve the experience and engagement of their patients and members. Let us bring our unique expertise and analytical and predictive approach to your organization’s challenges.