A s a CMS-approved Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS) provider with decades of experience surveying the Medicare population, SPH Analytics has:
- Successfully conducted thousands of HOS Surveys since the HOS program’s inception
- Years of experience and expertise health plans depend on to manage their HOS Survey requirements
- Exceptional customer service, project guidance, and ongoing project updates.
About the HOS Survey
All managed care organizations with Medicare contracts must participate in and conduct the Medicare Health Outcomes Survey. Medicare Advantage plans are required to use a CMS-approved survey vendor to administer the survey. The survey is designed to assess a plan’s ability to maintain or improve the physical and mental health of its Medicare members over time.
Using a mixed methodology of mail and phone, a HOS baseline survey is administered annually to a random sample of 1200 Medicare Advantage (MA) plan members. Two years later, those who responded to the baseline survey are surveyed again to attain a follow-up health measurement.
- HOS baseline survey for Cohort #20 was completed in 2017
- HOS follow-up survey for Cohort #20 will be scheduled for 2019
The purpose of the survey is designed to gather reliable and meaningful data to support the following objectives:
- Target quality improvement activities
- Monitor MA plan performance and reward top-performing health plans
- Increase MA plan focus on health outcomes and wellness
- Help Medicare beneficiaries make informed health care choices
Medicare Advantage plan HOS results contribute to the CMS Star Ratings for Medicare Advantage Quality Bonus Payments.
Dependable Experience and Reliability
SPH takes the worry and the work out of HOS, because we handle all the details for you. Our survey processes, which include a full-service mail and call center, internal audits, and security protocols, are all managed onsite to ensure every detail of your project is managed well.
SPH continues to be the choice for many top health plans for these reasons:
- Dependability: As a dependable leader in healthcare surveys, we have the experience and reliability plans trust to conduct their HOS Surveys.
- Experience and Expertise: SPH has successfully conducted thousands of HOS Surveys for Medicare Advantage plans throughout the country.
- Guidance: SPH provides experienced guidance and assistance, and clients receive ongoing status updates throughout the project.
- Spanish Language Protocol: We have extensive experience conducting mail and phone healthcare surveys to the Spanish-speaking population.
- Quality and Value: We become your partner in quality improvement, providing the resources, services, and solutions to ensure your success.
SPH offers a wide range of patient survey solutions and online resources to meet the needs of healthcare plans and provider organizations.